Working with Tarka Learning Partnership, we are pleased to announce our new partnership with the Chartered Management Institute and Petroc to develop a practical programme based on the skills and approaches Primary Subject Leaders need to develop their expertise.
1. Auditing Subjects
2. Personal Leadership Development Planning
3. Creating a Vision/ Intent for your subject
4. Subject Development Planning
5. Establishing high quality features of subject Teaching and Learning
6. Curriculum design: Progression, Cohesion and Consistency
7. Team development planning – leading CPD and subject knowledge
8. Monitoring planning, teaching, learning outcomes and adapting plans
9. Data and Assessment Analysis
10. Evaluating subject development plans and reporting to SLT/Governors
11. Preparing for Ofsted Deep Dives Leadership
Andy Ogden | Andy has over 25 years experience in Primary teaching, leadership training and coaching. Described as ‘dynamic and inspirational’ he is the Deputy CEO of Tarka Trust responsible for Teaching, Learning, Curriculum and CPD. Previous roles include Headteacher, Literacy Consultant, NPQ Lead facilitator and Director of Devon Primary SCITT and Teaching School.
Chris Wardle | Chris is a highly regarded Primary and Secondary leader and trainer and a qualified Educational Psychologist. ‘Highly engaging he supports us to find pragmatic solutions to tricky issues’. He is the Director for Safeguarding and Inclusion Conducts whole school SEND Reviews and co-wrote the National SEAL materials.
Stephen Pickering | Stephen is lecturer in Higher Education at Petroc College.
Formerly he taught at a range of secondary, middle and primary schools before becoming Senior Lecturer at the University of Worcester in UG and PG Initial Teacher Education as well as Primary and Outdoor Education. He led, ‘What is Inspirational Teaching’ at Worcester University for five years. Editor and author of ‘Teaching Outdoors Creatively,’ he is a consultant for the Geographical Association and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Webinars for Subject Leaders to find out more
Tuesday 21 September 2021 | 1600 -1700
Wednesday 29 September 2021 | 1600 -1700
Webinars for Headteacher/Line Manager to find out more
Wednesday 6 October 2021 | 1600 -1700
Cost | Fully funded Level 3 Apprenticeship, which can be drawn from the school’s Apprenticeship Levy pot. Or if the school has used its funding pot, £225.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list to receive our newsletters, please email SWIFT Project Co-Ordinator,